As far as I may recall the only Wendy's branch in existence was the one in Boni- EDSA. I have no idea of the other stores they have. Recently in Landmark Trinoma, Yes! after doing a few groceries. We stumble upon Wendy's in the center of Food Court area. The "frosty" captured our eyes and I really don't remember when was the last time I ate some. All I care that day, was to treat ourselves some frosty. Although our preferences have change, we just had a small serving to avoid oh calories oh calories. :)
Men! this frosty brought back our high school days, back then in SM carpark, "lakwatsa" [strolling/malling] will never be complete without dropping by Wendy's. And the one in Kamias/EDSA, the 24-Hour open branch where our late aunt Shirley treats us.
Frosty was the signature frozen dairy dessert of Wendy's fast-food restaurants. It's made up of: Milk, Sugar, Corn Syrup, Cream, Whey, Nonfat Dry Milk, Cocoa (processed with alkali), Guar Gum, Mono and Diglycerides, Cellulose Gum, Carrageenan, Calcium Sulfate, Disodium Phosphate, Artificial and Natural Flavoring, Vitamin A Palmitate. And contains Milk.
The Frosty was invented at Wendy's owner Dave Thomas' request by dairyman E.M. "Bill" Barker. When the first Wendy's opened in 1969, chocolate was the only flavor available. The actual flavor of the original Frosty is a mixture of chocolate and vanilla. Dave Thomas thought that 100% chocolate was too overpowering a flavor when paired with a Wendy's burger and fries meal. The second Frosty flavor, vanilla, was introduced in 2006.
Other Variants [available from other countries]
- Twisted Frosty - Introduced in 2005, M&M's, Butterfinger Chips or Oreo Chips which are mixed into the Frosty.
- Frosty Float - The Frosty Float is a root beer float style dessert. The float is made with any soda Wendy's sells.
- Twisted Frosty - A mix-in dessert made with either Oreo bits, M&Ms or Nestle cookie dough.
- Frosty milkshakes - a hand spun milkshake.
In June, 2009, two additional variants of the Frosty were introduced in the United States.
- Frosty-cino - Wendy's take on mixing the Frosty dairy dessert with coffee, chocolate drizzle, and whipped cream.
- Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty - A mix of Frosty, coffee, and toffee bits.