Genuine Thermos Brand hosted an event "Celebrating Health" last July 30, 2011 at the Grand Atrium, Shangri-la Plaza. A 2-day affair showcasing the complete and up to date Thermos product line.
Cooking for Health by Chef Ninyo Laus, one of the emerging young chef in the country. The man behind Ninyo Fusion Cuisine [Loyola Heights, Q.C.], Robot [Makati] & Blue Onion [Libis]. Lucky are we food aficionados, we get to try some of his personalized recipe.
Most of the dish prepared were blended with either of the following herbs and/or ingredients to achieve a healthy fusion meal:
- wasabi - Japanese plant with a thick green root that taste like strong horseradish and is used in cooking, esp. in powder or paste form as an accompaniment to raw fish.
- sake - a Japanese alcoholic drink made from fermented rice, yellowish-red in color
- ginger root - a hot fragrant spice made froom the rhizome of a plant
- saffron - an orange-yellow flavoring, food coloring, & dye made from the dried stigmas of a crocus
- red wine - an alcoholic drink made from fermented grape juice
- Showa - a Japanese brand as per advised by Chef Ninyo. The first time I heard of Showa was in my History class - its a period when Japan was ruled by Emperor Hirohito. I'm now so curious with this stuff, is it as pricey as saffron?
Cooking Healthy is an exclusive recipe presentation featuring the Thermos Premium Stainless Cookware:
- Frying Pans
- Sauce Pans
- Shuttle Chefs
What's great about the Thermos Premium Stainless Cookware?
They referred to it as the 5 Layer Cookware.
Layer 1 & 5 - is made up of 18/10 High Quality Stainless Steel.
Layer 2 & 4 - 1145 high heat conducting Aluminum Alloy
Layer 3 - 3003 Aluminum Alloy
In laymen's term, the cookware is technically designed to provide heat circulation, for heat storage and quick & even distribution of heat throughout the cooking process.
Start taking notes and try each recipe at home, don't forget to share with us your cooking experience. Most importantly to achieve full recipe potential, collect the Thermos Premium Stainless Cookware! :)
Thermos team gave away 5 sets of Thermos Premium Stainless Cookware and a couple of Thermos Stainless Travel Mug for the participating audience, media and bloggers in between the recipe presentation.
|Finger foodie was served during the event|
Love my Foodamn! Philippines as well :)
Celebrating Health is in partnership with Genuine Thermos Brand, Rustan's and Shangri-La Plaza.