Manila, September 8, 2011 - SM Master Chefs Cooking Marathon has almost complete its cooking demos leg tour in selected SM Hypermarket branches nationwide [July to September 2011]. SM Master Chefs program is in celebration of the SM Hypermarket's 10th Year Anniversary.
I got an invitation from Nomnom Club's Jonel Uy, this time the featured brand for the cooking demo was from San Miguel roast of products such as:
- Magnolia [Chicken Station Chicken Fingers, Nutri Oil, Quickmelt Cheese, Poultry eggs, Dari Creme Classic Margarine, All-Purpose Cream, Star Margarine, Cheezee Spread], and
- Purefoods [Tender Juicy Hotdogs King Size, Star Hotdog, Honey-Cured Bacon]
Chef Kai Verdadero-O start prepared 4 easy to prepare dishes:
- Star Ranchero Rice
- Cheesy Hotdog and Fries Sandwich Overload
- Chicken and Mushroom Baked Rice
- Peaches and Cream Caramel Trifle
|Star Ranchero Rice prep|
|Cheesy Hotdog and Fries Sandwich Overload|
|Star Ranchero Rice|
The participating audience came from a set of college student taking up food-related course and shoppers from SM Hypermarket. Each participant were given a membership form from San Miguel Great Food Club, the form was also used as a raffle stub during in-between dish preparation. Chef Kai raffle out a San Miguel gift packs alongside the Cheesy Hotdog and Fries Sandwich Overload raffles and food taste of all the dish prepared.
Chef Kai Verdadero-O is currently the Retail Chef for San Miguel Purefoods Culinary Center Handling Magnolia Poultry, Purefoods Hormel and San Miguel Coffee. She took up AB Developmental Communication in Ateneo de Naga University and finished her culinary skills in Center for Asian Culinary Studies with a Diploma in Professional Culinary Arts.
SM Master Chefs is a composite event made up of 3 components:
- A grand cooking demo
- Kitchen make-overs
- Set of cook-offs
From July to September, every week in 3 months, SM Master Chefs will conduct a marathon of cooking demos that will tour SM Hypermarket branches all over the nation, showcasing innovations in culinary products and cooking aids. Not only will these cooking demos serve as a source of entertainment for the onlookers, but also as a venue of culinary discovery for people who are passionate about cooking.
Alongside SM Master Chefs Cooking Marathon, 2 other great events will take place:
- Kitchen Make-over - 5 lucky shoppers will get a chance to have their kitchen re-designed and furnished. This project will be done in partnership with established designers from the Philippine School of Interior Design [PSID]
- Supersized Cook-off - an event set to make a culinary records, set in 5 different locations, each cook-off will feature a regional dish and will be undertaken with the help of the local government units and the community.