Early Christmas treats is starting to pour in, take the famous pasalubong from Cagayan de Oro City. The very first time I tasted this melt-in-your-mouth pastel buns was when my sister has her thesis in Camiguin, stayed and explored the virgin island of Camiguin for almost a month. But nowadays, Vjandep Pastel is already available elsewhere here in Metro Manila, frequently seen it in Market! Market! along the arrays of booths of "pasalubong" from the country's sub-regions. But still we wanted every pasalubong fresh and hot from it original birthplace, travelers from Cebu, Bohol and nearby provinces would not miss a thing except the famous boxes of Vjandep. Their ready for the holidays!
What makes this bread so soft and delightful?
Its made of flour [bun], eggs, milk, sugar, butter, shortening and yeast [filling]. Available in different flavors:
- Regular Yema - milk, egg, butter
- Cheese - cheese, sugar
- Langka - langka, sugar, calamansi juice
- Macapuno - macapuno, sugar, calamansi juice
- Mango - mango puree, sugar, mango bits
- Pineapple - pineapple, sugar
- Malunggay/Kalabasa - paste, cinnamon
- Ube - ube, evaporated and condensed milk, sugar, butter
Vjandep also have made-to-order special flavors:
Durian, guava, strawberry, chocolate, malunggay/kalabasa, mocha, special yema and assorted flavor.
57 Plaridel Street
[t] (088) 387.0049
Vjandep Bakeshop Commissary
Zone 2 Nat'l H-way
[t] (088) 737.8632
- 078 Tiano St., Brgy. 14, Cagayan De Oro City (088) 858.4027
- Stall 17/18 Bldg. 1, Angel Chavez Complex, Cagayan De Oro City (08822) 714.148
- Mambato St., Agora, Cagayan De Oro City (08822) 714.097
- Passenger's Terminal Area, Pier, Mavabalan, Cagayan De Oro City (088) 856.2358