Sooo Pinoy - Search is on for the Ultimate Food Blogger 2011
by: Foodamn! Philippines
October 23, 2011 - Manila, Philippines
Sooo Pinoy Search for the Ultimate Food Blogger
- 10 Destinations
- 30 Days
- 101 Restaurants
- 1 Ultimate Food Blogger
Say, whose ready to wander and at the same time gain extra calories? :)
|Matutina's Seafoods , Pangasinan|
"Adobong Pusit, Sinigang, Pinakbet, Inihaw na Bangus, and Lechon Kawali"
"Why should I be the ultimate sooo pinoy blogger?"
Felt the need and most of all the chance to explore new things and re-discover old ways around the island Philippines' sub-region Filipino cuisines. A FREE food trip, why not? This could be the most flavorful journey, touring the country in search for authentic Filipino dishes and foodies galore is a chance of a lifetime.
|Nay's House, Tarlac|
Foodamn! Philippines blog started this January 2011, most of the articles featured are original content and up-to-date in terms of food encounters and food reviews. Contents are based on my own personal encounters, theories, and insights. Opinions are 100% my own volition, not dictated by other media and establishments. I blogged what I came across regardless of the cost, value, origin, form and brand. Home-cooked, ready to eat, or made-to-order, name it if it tickled Foodamn's imagination, it'll end up blogged and have my cent's worth.
only branch in Metro Manila
Foodamn! is your humble servant, it started to propagate influence esp. to the online community and online marketing. Invitation from a group to another came in, when Foodamn! can squeeze in extra time and effort, rest assure a foodie event is worth mentioning. But then again, Foodamn! doesn't want to sacrifice unparalleled quality content, scheduled foodie event could only mean - same part-content. No matter how the message was chronicled, recount and delivered, always apply inventiveness and imagination.
|Gumbo in Metro Manila|
A couple of things to remember for someone branded as Ultimate Sooo Pinoy Food Blogger:
- Jot down in a piece of paper or your filofax, tweet it or post in your facebook wall your starting body mass - weight
- Handwash with soap before starting every meal, you never know what you gonna get!
- Take note of food allergies in some cases, bring antihistamines.
- Savor the food
- Remember the food names, food preparation, and establishment background
- Try to have little of everything
- Don't over indulge on just one dish! :)
- Ooops avoid "Impacho" [overfed]
- Always bring in toilet paper, hand sanitizer or handy alcohol, travel soap and most importantly "Immodium" for emergency purpose. Trust me, S**T happens for a reason :)
- Of course shoot in-depth photos; macro, angled and filtered pictures is just a way to deliver a delicious message.
- Brush your teeth and mouthwash every meal, a food blogger needs to look pleasing and fresh all the time :)
- I suggest you drink lukewarm water after every meal, or order green tea or milk tea to detoxify unwanted cholesterol.
- Remember: be a healthy blogger, physically and mentally.
- At the end of the 30-day period, "x - y = z" Calculate your present weight! Don't fret if you gained some unwanted fats, think of it as a blessing! Your one hell Ultimate Sooo Pinoy Blogger anyway!!!
|Romulo Cafe, Metro Manila|
Foodamn! not just narrate around a restaurant's full packaging and personal food review or what's for dinner scenario. The blog started with the "bibingkinitan" [rice cake] episode one afternoon, the image look great, why not give it an illustration and share the foodie experience to everyone to see, regardless if they've had the same commentary, had a recollection of the same background and most of all to those who haven't had a slightest idea of what Foodamn! is bringing in to the readers. Thus the Alice-in-Wonderland-phrase came at the concept: "eat me. drink me. share me".
Foodamn! has a soft spot for truly-unique Filipino food, like that of simpletons: "Suman sa Ibos", "Kalamay", "Bibingka", "Pastel", "Alfajor", and likes. People tend to neglect the most common and traditional food Philippines had, some may compose themselves as a grandeur food experts and/or critics, with comprehensive and authoritative food analysis. I cracked an idea to streamline and target conventional Pinoy food available on my table per se. Since others are hooked to elite and modernized foodie impression. Foodamn choose to relish the plain and simple Pinoy na Pinoy foodies.
|Caridad, Cavite City|
Where does "Foodamn" term originated?
Really wanted to buy the the keyword foodamn for that matter, or maybe foodamn.com or foodamn.net, sooner or later foodamn will have her own identity. Foodamn came from our word-invention-world, "What's the foodamn for today?" could only mean - what's for dinner? what's for lunch? what's that? what's this? go get some foodamn, buy foodamn, take-out foodamn, and so on.
"Suman sa Ibos"
|Good Shepherd, Baguio City|
|Le Chef, The Manor|
Am I ready to be the Ultimate Sooo Pinoy Food Blogger? Damn, dining in 101 restaurants could mean laying my cards and being experimental to the untried, unknown edibles in the world of Philippine cuisine. A foodie 101, start from bottom to top. Chow time!
With a hint of Filipino exotic food and truly Filipino foods made for your visual appetites. Originally created by Green Dei of Foodamn Philippines and Green Dei Media PH.
Founder, Daryll (Green Dei)
Like Foodamn Philippines Official Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FoodamnPhilippines
If you guys have tips on exotic food and recipes, write us at darylldial(at)gmail(dot)com
Full Disclosure: This article is being published based on my written opinions and press release of the establishment given to Foodamn Philippines. No business relationship involved with any company or organization promoting this event.