|Pizza on a Stone PhP630 [approx. $14]|
Heat, located in the Lobby Level, Tower Wing of Edsa Shangri-La Hotel. An open theater kitchen that serves Buffet and
|Chicken and Pork Adobo PhP580 [approx. $13]|
Braised chicken and pork in vinegar and soy sauce, served with garlic rice and atchara. Both meats were so tender, has the same texture and taste-like that of Patatim.
Other Filipino Favorites on top of the lists were:
- Pancit Canton [PhP580] - wok-fried noodles with prawns, chicken, and vegetables
- Sinigang na Sugpo [PhP560] - king prawns poached in tamarind stock, served with jasmine rice
- Crispy Pata [PhP850] - crispy fried braised pork shank
With the pizza, Heat offers only one flavor with toppings of everything on it, provided of course if you request to hold from a particular ingredients.
Toppings include: bell pepper, pepperoni, mushrooms, sausages, ham, cheese, olives and anchovies. The last two toppings I have to exclude.
Since its stoned-cooked, I suggest you try to consumed it until the pan is warm. The minute the pan pizza cools down, its a stoned-pizza my friend.
Banana Split PhP265 [approx. $6]
Sliced banana with vanilla, strawberry or chocolate ice cream [ice cream flavor of your choice] with whipped cream, topped with walnuts, mallows and flakes.
Other dessert temptation:
- Classic Baked Vanilla Cheesecake [PhP300] - served with rice berry compote
- Bitter Chocolate Sacher Cake [PhP340] - with XO brandy sauce
- Sliced Seasonal Fruits [PhP340] - with double cream
- Leche Flan [PhP200] - traditional Filipino egg flan
- Halo-halo [PhP210] - shaved ice, Filipino jellies and beans, evaporated milk and ube jam.
For online aficionado, Heat has a decent WiFi connection. It accommodates both smokers and non-smokers guests. Dining al fresco is available with an overview by the pool.
Edsa Shangri-La Hotel
1 Garden Way, Ortigas Centre
Mandaluyong City 1650
[t] (632) 633-8888 extn. 2738/2739
Operating Hours: 6:00a.m. to 12:00 midnight